How can I get qualified to train workers under the WPS?

For Trainers of Workers

Trainer Qualifications

You are qualified to train agricultural workers if you meet one of the following criteria:

Obtain a pesticide applicator's license in any category.


Complete an EPA-approved train-the-trainer program for trainers of workers and/or handlers.


Obtain official designation as a trainer of workers from the EPA or the State or Tribal agency responsible for pesticide enforcement.

Some states may require special qualifications in addition to federal WPS requirements. For example, some states require WPS trainers to complete a state-run train-the-trainer program, or pass a WPS exam. Contact the state pesticide regulatory agency in the state you will be working in to see if there are any additional requirements you must meet.


Learn more:

Materials for Training WPS Trainers

Training Materials

Training Requirements

Regulatory Guidance

Browse brief guides about protections for workers and handlers, the AEZ, posting, PPE, exemptions, training, respirators, and more, in English and Spanish.

You are using an unsupported version of Internet Explorer. To ensure security, performance, and full functionality, please upgrade to an up-to-date browser.