Steve Kirkhorn, MD, MPH Appointed to PERC-med’s Advisory Board
Davis, California – The Pesticide Educational Resources Collaborative–Medical (PERC-med) has appointed Steve Kirkhorn, MD, MPH to its Advisory Board. He is currently the Medical Director of the Agrisafe Network. Most recently, Dr. Kirkhorn was the Director/Section Chief of Occupational Health at the Minneapolis Veterans Administration Health Care System; Director of the Occupational and Environmental Medicine Academic Program; Director/Section Chief of Occupational Health; and Assistant Professor at the University of Minnesota.
Dr. Kirkhorn is a Fellow of the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine; was the Medical Director of the National Farm Medicine Center and the NIOSH National Children’s Center for Rural and Agricultural Safety and Health; and was the Executive Editor of the Journal of Agromedicine.
Some of his clinical interests are in rural occupational and environmental health, agricultural medicine, and environmental exposures in veterans. Dr. Kirkhorn joins other members of the PERC-med Advisory Board, including:
- Fred Berman of Oregon Health and Science University
- Aidan Black of the U.S. EPA
- Kaci Buhl of Oregon State University
- Suzanne Forsyth of UC Davis
- Jeff Jenkins of Oregon State University
- Catherine Karr of University of Washington
- Ouahiba Laribi of the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment for the State of California
- Jennifer Park of the U.S. EPA
- James Roberts of the Medical University of South Carolina
- Diane Rohlman of University of Iowa
- David Vearrier of University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Michael Yeh of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention